Smart Suite Quick Start Guides
Smart Placements’ banner ads empower you to choose to display listings in your banner ads that either match your search criteria, or that match each of your visitors’ individual web activity with our instant “Auto-Optimization” feature. Pick from 3 different banner sizes, 14 different colors, and a variety of fonts to seamlessly integrate each banner ad with your look and feel.
In the Smart Placements Tool
- Select Create New Configuration.
- Name your new banner in “Title of Banner.” This is for your reference and will not visible in the banner.
- Select which campaign that you want your banner to be assigned. The drop-down menu lists all campaigns from your account.
- Add in the search term(s) you want. You can use search operators (Boolean logic) as well. Use quotation marks to make it an exact match to your phrase; parentheses for either/or terms; minus sign for “not.” For more details, see eBay’s Advanced Search.
- Select your Category. You may leave it as "All Categories" or choose a single category.
- Select a size: We offer 900 x 220 horizontal, 300 x 750 vertical, or 300 x 250 rectangle (the rectangle is best for your mobile device users).
- Choose from the selection of colors for the text of the item title.
- Choose your font.
- Decide if you want to optimize the banner. If you select Auto-Optimization, the banner will identify visitors who have been to eBay and precisely display the best listings for that individual.
- Select Preview to view your banner and make sure you like how it appears! Quick Tip - If the typical titles for the products in your search are long, choose a tighter font like Roboto Condensed.
- Click Save and the banner will save (or missing entries will be highlighted with red boxes).
- After you save an ad configuration for Smart Placements, scroll down to the Configuration Hub. You’ll see your new banner at the top of the list. Click “Edit.”
- The banner opens above the hub, and you’ll see the Head Tag Code and Insert Tag Code are now filled in.
Now, it's simple.
- Put the Head Tag Code in the “head” part of your site’s code.
- It’s one code per affiliate, no matter how many Smart Placements you use.
- Each banner configuration has a different identifier associated with it.
- You can put the same banner with the same code on multiple pages.
- You can put different banners with their own unique codes on the same page.
Making Changes to the Banner
First, log into your EPN account: https://epn.ebay.com.au/login.
Then, go to the Smart Placements Tool Page.
Find your ad in the Configuration Hub.
Edit the aspects you want to change.
Click “Save” and you’re done! No need to do anything on your website!
Our Smart Links tool enables you to quickly convert all eBay links on your page into affiliate links.
To get started, take the steps outlined below or view our Smart Links Frequently Asked Questions.
- Visit epn.ebay.com.au
- Select "Smart Links" from the Tools menu in the top navigation of the EPN Portal
- Select the Campaign you want to use from the drop-down
- Copy the code snippet that appears
- Paste the code between the <head></head> tags of the web page(s) where you want links to eBay to be turned into affiliate links
- Validate your setup by loading your web page and hovering over each eBay link, which should now point to “rover.ebay.com/…”